As one of my roles I record points discussed in group meetings etc, so I though this would be the perfect opportunity to air some points made at the meeting with Dudley Road School on the 10th Jan'11 for all of us to look at.
- Type of work we will be entering- how are we going to make the public aware we are showcasing 'Fine art'? One of the questions asked was what is Fine art?? what sort of work do we create??
- Will we be taking advantage of using the frontage of the school?? for promo stc. Or will the University have made something for the front by April 2011?
- Issues raised about having a banner- cost is an issue maybe a bit too expensive but perhaps sponsorship would cover that depending on the sponsors we get. A banner would be a great way of publicising the exhibition to passing traffic on the main road, to make the School more noticeable and to show that we are using this building to bring something back to the community.
- How are we going to advertise around the building?
- Possible Radio promotion in West Brom, Stourbridge and Wolverhampton.
- Access to databases through Mike Swain on various contacts (particularly those of nearby schools)
- Getting nearby Schools involved?
- Confirmed dates 1st- 3rd April for back room. Dates waiting to be negotiated on having access to the building the week before to prepare space.
Hope these notes help you all.