The Dudley Road School

The Dudley Road School
Gallery Space

Thursday 27 January 2011

Introduction to the work of Keith Madden

Hi all , I just wanted to take a few moments introducing some of my work and explaining a little about it. My work is rooted in sculpture but recently I have been exploring photography.

The work I produce concentrates on the 'everyday", the things we possibly find mundane or banal. I take objects out of their familiar environment and photograph them in a studio set-up giving the items a character, a sense of melancholy, starkness, humour or irony. Some of my photographs are life size if not bigger to thrust them further into the spotlight. Composition and lighting, as well as the choice of object, are very important to me and help the viewer to look at these simple objects in a different way.






No comments:

Post a Comment